You can develop free online store. There are several solutions to open it. For example, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, and others. They all are different but serve one purpose is to sell.
You need the following for the online store.
- A domain name
- Web server: Apache 1.3, Apache 2.x, Nginx or Microsoft IIS
- PHP 5.4+
- MySQL 5.0+ installed with a database created
- SSH or FTP access (ask your hosting service for your credentials)
- In the PHP configuration ask your provider to set memory_limit to “128M” and upload_max_file_size to “16M”
- SSL certificate if you plan to process payments internally (not using PayPal for instance)
- Optional PHP extensions: GD, cURL, SimpleXML, SOAP
- To improve performances: MemCached, mcrypt PHP extension
- Read More about complete installation guide at https://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/What+you+need+to+get+started
The first step in setting up your WooCommerce-powered online store is to install WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin itself. But before doing so, you should check that your hosting environment meets our minimum requirements.